Saturday 1 September 2012

IGCSE- ART

At my school we have either two options to choose our subjects for our career. Either the international Cambridge or NCEA which stands for National Certificate of Educational Achievement. So if ypu're familiar with these qualifications then you'll know that I'm from New Zealand. I wasn't planning on revealing the country I'm from but What the hell?! I doubt anyone reads my blog. So yes, I'm from New Zealand.

So I'm taking English Literature, Maths Extended, Science Combined, Art and Geography. 



So I'm going to talk about ART IGCSE, ART. Right now we're preparing for our Controlled Test which is our final assessment and our final exam. This is 50% of our mark for the whole year. In the Controlled test we are given 8 weeks of preparation time. We are to choose one question from 10 questions which is not evenly divided into 2 Sections: Section A and B.

Section A

  • Tin on a stool or step ladder, a bucket and some brushes and plus some rugs.
  • pile of flowers in the dish
  • Mushrooms
  • A figure seated on the edge of the table.
Section B
  • Masquerade
  • Showers
  • Tubular
  • Bridges
  • Crush
  • Overgrown
From Section A ; it is expected to paint exactly as the question specifies and Section B is an interpretation of the question. From both of these sections we are expected to have a still life reference to paint from. We are to provide photographs from our objects etc. We're allowed to paint from the same object, so my masks are from our Art department.

I am doing question 5 which is masquerade. So I'll post some of my photographs.

Since my question is from section B which is an interpretation. I am thinking of a carnival theme since my masks shows a clown like mask. 


  
I have other pictures of my masks (there's only two) but it's just different point of views. Can you see the where my carnival concept came from? So for our painting we are required to have artist models. My teacher shared some masquerade artist models:
  •  Jenny Dolzel ~ a New Zealand artist
  • Lidia Simeonova



  • Alex Levin




These three artist are the ones that stood out for me, there are three more but they aren't that important as to these artist. 

The first artist which my teacher told us that she liked her art in relation to her uniqueness and absurd art but at the same time she said that she didn't like her aswell because her artwork was weird.
The second artist model I find really... I really like her painting technique which I find very similar to mine. She uses lots of texture which I do. 
The third one I found was very... my first impression was "WOW... is that a painting?" One of his paintings looks so real, I swear my jaw dropped. But I realised his masks and perspective are all the same... which I eventually got bored of but I still like his concept. He uses different backgrounds of Venice which I find really fascinating.


I'll post more posts of my art preparation later. Thanks for keeping up with my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment